Whether it's taking an emergency field hospital and medical personnel to earthquake victims or delivering supplies to tornado or flooding victims, our DC-8 cargo plane is there. Members of the aviation team are critical to the mission of meeting the physical and spiritual needs of people around the world. You could have a Career With Impact as a Captain.
The position conducts flights in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse Mission Aviation Services procedures and all applicable US and foreign regulations and represents Samaritan’s Purse with business associates, officials, and stakeholders through a service-oriented attitude toward passengers’ needs, comfort, and safety.
- Aircraft model: DC-8
- Type required: Yes
- Languages: English
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred;
- FAA ATP;
- 5000 hours of total flying experience;
- FAA Class 1 flight crew medical certificate;
- Current ME/IR Land;
- FCC Restricted Radio Permit;
- Must maintain currency in the aircraft types assigned.
- Heavy multi-engine jet and international/transoceanic experience.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)