Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space (RI&S) develops, tests and produces Advanced Radar and Sensors which provide US and Allied partners with the most capable combat systems in the world. Their Systems Engineering Center Flight Test team seeks flight test leaders who are passionate about developing and testing innovative cost-effective solutions for the warfighter.
They are seeking a Raytheon Multi-program Testbed (RMT) Test Pilot and Chief of Safety to join their organization. The incumbent is a member of RMT’s select flight test operations team and executes research and development (R&D) flight test for multiple RI&S mission areas.
The RMT is a highly modified Boeing 727 flight test platform to support the development of Raytheon product lines. RMT Test Pilots collaborate with test teams to plan and execute ground and flight test events to develop advanced sensor systems. Specifically, RMT pilots lead test design and safe mission execution involving multiple airborne and ground targets, complex mission profiles, and some deployed test operations.
- Strong leadership skills with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated management experience
- Ability to hold an FAA First Class medical certificate
- Have 1,500 hours pilot time with 500 hours as Pilot in Command (PIC)
- Be a Test Pilot School graduate, Weapons School graduate, or graduate of an equivalent high-level formal course, or possess 3+ years of direct military flight-test experience
- Tactical jet platform or experience with large (>12.5K lbs) turbo-jets with an onboard Mission Crew
- Experience leading an aviation safety program
- Knowledge and experience with risk management and safety-related plans
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or related technical discipline
- Possess advanced flying qualifications: Instructor Pilot, Flight Examiner, etc.
- Hold an FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Strong military Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) flight test experience
- Attended a formal safety training program or school
- Experience leading aviation mishap investigations
- Experience writing or reviewing flight test safety plans/appendices
- Experience with system requirements, integration, and test
- Top Secret clearance is desired
- MS Degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics