Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and support services in tactical aviation.
Tactical Air deploys advanced aircraft operated by experienced fighter and attack pilots to U.S. military installations in support of Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Army unit, wing, weapons school, and combat deployment training. They are currently seeking experienced Adversary Air (ADAIR) Pilots to join their team for assignment to the USAF Combat Air Force (CAF) Contracted Air Support (CAS) contract operating Tactical Air's F-5E/F Advanced Tiger (F-5ATTM). The mission is to provide ADAIR services to the USAF 4th and 5th generation fighter squadrons, groups, and wings across the U.S. Successful candidates may require initial or transition training in Tactical Air's F-5AT and CF-5D fighter aircraft in Reno, Nevada prior to assignment.
This position is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon, situated just north of the California border. Klamath Falls is a suburban community with a population just over 22,000 people. Klamath Falls has a rich history and the Kingsley Field is home to the 173rd Fighter Wing of the Oregon Air National Guard. Klamath Falls, known as Oregon's City of Sunshine, offers many recreational opportunities such as cross-country skiing, golfing, fishing, hunting, boating, and bird watching. Klamath Falls is also an affordable place to live compared to other Oregon cities and is rated as a great place to live or retire.
The ideal candidate for the ADAIR Pilot position will report to the Program Chief Pilot for the safe and effective operation of company-owned aircraft. Pilots may be assigned to fly in any of the company's aircraft and will be expected to travel as needed to support contract requirements.
- 1000-hour fighter, attack, or trainer time with at least 300 hours fighter;
- DoD flight lead qualification;
- Weapon School Graduate or DoD Adversary;
- 5 years' tactical recency;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects;
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable;
- Ability to cross-train into other aircraft;
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing;
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence;
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. required;
- Current U.S. government secret security clearance or higher required;
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana).
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in training USAF fighter pilots, Tactical Air invites you to apply.