For more than 70 years, Calspan has been supporting initiatives that drive domestic and global innovation. They partner with global innovators in many industries, including aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation and motorsports. They are world-class independent engineering services and testing company that proudly provides its customers with knowledgeable staff, unrivalled processes, unsurpassed quality, proven facilities and reliable equipment.
The Gulfstream First Officer / Pilot shall serve as the SIC or co-pilot to support and assist the Captain of the Aircraft in the safe and efficient operations of the Aircraft. The individual in the role must meet duty time limitations, rest requirements, be qualified, and possess all required certificates, licenses, and permits. The First Officer shall also assume the responsibility and authority of the Captain if it becomes necessary during the flight. In addition, the First Officer shall assist with pre-flight and post-flight inspections, processes and documentation as requested and required by the Captain. This position is expected to last one year and is located at USAG Humphreys, South Korea.
Due to security requirements, SECRET security clearance required (active within the last 3 years).
- Aircraft model: Gulfstream III
- Type required: No
- Languages: English
- BS in Appropriate Engineering discipline
- FAA CPL;
- Current IR Land;
- FAA Class 2 flight crew medical certificate;
- 1000 hours of total flying experience;
- 100 hours flying experience on Multi-Engine;
- Must be highly knowledgeable of the General Operations Manual, FAA Regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and Procedures, and other pertinent information relating to this duty;
- Successful completion of training programs, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements;
- Successful completion of simulator check ride;
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- A valid US passport allowing unrestricted travel;
- SECRET security clearance required (active within last three years);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing clear and concise documents;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and retain large volumes of information;
- Strong customer relationship skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- FAA Class 1 flight crew medical certificate.
- Support the Captain in ensuring the safety of the passengers, crew-members, cargo, and the aircraft and perform all duties as required and requested;
- Comply with all Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Company Policies and Procedures;
- Assist in preparing flight records and required updates; Report any aircraft maintenance discrepancies in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures;
- Notify Captain of the failure of any required navigational equipment during flight; comply with Captain’s instructions;
- Maintain current Medical Certification and provide a copy for flight records;
- Report to and complete required training and re-training as required and requested;
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.