FIR Flight Instructor – Full-Time Positions
Sydney Flight College is part of Schofields Flying Club P/L, they also operate as Sydney Flight Charter and Sydney Flying Club. In continuous operation for over fifty years, they are one of Australia’s largest aviation colleges and Sydney’s largest flying club. They operate a fleet of over 30 aircraft and conduct training from RPL through to CPL with ME CIR and a fully integrated Flight Instructor Rating course including PMI.
With a constant intake of full-time students, they are seeking an individual with FIR flight training approval. As a line instructor at SFC you will report to the course coordinator and the Head of Operations. This is an opportunity to work within an exciting growing business with great career progression.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting flight instructor training within the scope of the Part 61 MOS and SFC’s syllabus;
- Conducting ground briefing theory training within the scope of the Part 61 MOS and SFC’s syllabus;
- Maintaining electronic training files and all admin tasks associated with flight instruction;
- All other projects and tasks as directed by your manager.
- Australian CPL(A) or ATPL(A);
- Grade 1, FIR training endorsement, DF training endorsement
- A tenacious work ethic and high professional standard;
- A collaborative approach and can-do attitude;
- A passion to train future flight instructors with a view to mentoring the trainee through their ground and flight training;
- The unrestricted right to live and work in Australia.
- Flight Instructor Training approval;
- Current DG certificate;
- Current Working with Children Check;
- SPIN (Spinning training approval);
- Minimum of 1500 hours of flight instruction including 750 hours of initial training.
- A Degree or Diploma Qualification in an aviation discipline;
- Preferably a Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot).
SFC will always base their hire decisions on attitude and work ethic first and are happy to negotiate salary for the right candidate. Please send a cover letter and your CV