As a F-35 Contractor Instructor Pilot, you will be based in the new state of the art Integrated Training Centre (ITC), responsible for the provision of high quality synthetic training support and instruction to all Lightning II squadron pilots. You will also be responsible for providing specialist support, when required, for the development of the UK sovereign training system, together with support to the definition and design of training scenarios, tactics and mission conduct.
This is a brand new challenging role in the establishment of the F-35 operational capability. You will be fully supported in your professional development, with the chance for future career progression on other fast jet platforms and roles in the future.
- Aircraft model: Other - Jet Single Engine
- Type required: No
- Languages: English
- Air-to-Air or Multi-Role expertise;
- UK or US national;
- 1000 hours P1 in an operational FJ aircraft;
- Qualified Flying, Pilot or Weapons Instructional (QFI, QPI, QWI) experience in an FJ aircraft;
- Pairs lead;
- Minimum of twelve years’ professional military experience.
- 1500 hours P1 in an operational FJ aircraft;
- Recent (< 10 years) flying experience in a theatre of operations;
- Experience in flying a fourth/fifth-generation combat air aircraft;
- Experience in a swing role FJ aircraft (e.g. Typhoon, F-18);
- Four-ship lead qualification;
- EWI/SEAD/DEAD Experience;
- Experience instructing on an OCU/FJ Trg Sqn;
- Recent White Force experience;
- Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) or Squadron QPI or QWI experience.
- The provision of high-quality training support and instruction to F-35B Lightning II squadron pilots;
- The personal maintenance of the highest instructional standards;
- Familiarity with front line Lightning II tactics and doctrine;
- The provision of high-quality ground school training in accordance with the currently defined Lightning Force Headquarters Air Command syllabi;
- Acting as primary or secondary Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for technical systems as allocated by the ITC Instructional Lead and maintenance of relevant lecture material;
- The provision of high-quality pilot specific synthetic training on the Full Mission Simulator and Deployable Mission Rehearsal Trainer in accordance with the UK syllabi;
- Instructor Operator Station (IOS) Console support for Lightning II squadron Instructor Pilots where required;
- The provision of synthetic device technical and training expert advice in order to help develop and evolve training syllabi, mission scenarios and tactics to meet UK sovereign requirements for the Lightning II weapon system.