Bighorn Airways, Inc. is seeking pilots to join their team. These positions require flying a Dornier 228 on contract for the United States Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management. They operate these aircraft in the Rocky Mountain Regions of the Lower 48 and in the state of Alaska. The positions available are for Captains. The contacts run 90-120 days with the possibility of extensions of 30+ days. Contracts run from April to September depending on the location. Duty cycles are 12 days on two days off, for the duration of the contract.
This job entails flying large aircraft at slow airspeeds in mountainous terrain with unfavourable weather conditions, you will be dropping smokejumpers in remote locations and dropping of para cargo at low level.
- Aircraft model: DO 228
- Type required: No
- Languages: English
- A strong background in low-level flying is required, preferably in Ag.
- Strong customer skills and a positive attitude and the ability to work closely with others for an extended period of time is a must.
- 3500 hours of total flying experience;
- 2000 hours flying experience Pilot in Command;
- 200 hours flying experience on Multi-Engine Command;
- 100 command hours on turboprop aircraft;
- 250 hours PIC large aircraft;
- 200 hours of low-level flying;
- FAA ATP;
- FAA Class 1 flight crew medical certificate.
- 5000 hours of total flying experience;
- 1000 hours flying experience on Multi-Engine Command;