Raytheon Technologies is currently looking for Afghan Air Force (AAF) Fixed Wing Student Pilot Mentor.
The Pilot Mentor shall implement and operate programs, practices, and procedures for developing Afghan Air Force student pilots undergoing Initial Fixed Wing pilot training. Mentors will assist Afghan Air Force (AAF) student pilots with remedial English, mathematics and aviation ground school topics. Mentor will help establish a positive working and learning environment for student pilots through the application of basic military standards and discipline. Work location will be at a private aviation-training academy in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates. Mentor may participate in performance review boards and are subject to military grooming standards.
- Aircraft model: C208
- Type required: No
- Languages: English
- Graduate of a U.S. Military Method of Instruction (MOI) Course or equivalent;
- Must have experience in Instructing Instrument Flight;
- Must have experience in Instructing aircraft basic flight and regulations;
- Must have experience in a civilian and/or military aviation program;
- Must have experience in professional mentoring;
- Strong Project Management ability and skills;
- Strong MS Office Skills;
- Experience/sensitivity with diverse cultures;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card via the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) process;
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 1 year of remaining eligibility;
- Bachelor's degree from accredited school & six (6) years of related experience, OR four (4) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (14 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
- Possess FAA CFI/CFII certification;
- Qualified in the C208;
- Teaching/Education experience;
- Experience working overseas;
- Previous experience training and advising foreign military soldiers;
- Must meet medical criteria for deployment and living in the United Arab Emirates.