Zero Gravity Corporation is a privately held space tourism, research, and education company whose mission is to make the excitement and adventure of space accessible to the public. The experience offered by ZERO-G is the only commercial opportunity on Earth for individuals to experience true “weightlessness” without going to space. Available for qualifying experiments, ZERO-G encourages projects from universities, corporations, government, and individuals alike seeking to conduct serious investigations in Martian, Lunar, zero, and hypergravity environments, especially those planning a suborbital, orbital or deep space scientific program.
The ZERO-G Team is composed of highly talented individuals scattered from coast-to-coast, who work remotely or travel with the ZERO-G aircraft. The company is expanding rapidly, and their work environment is dynamic and fast-paced. They are passionate about their unique product, and their team are experts in the industry.
Currently looking for First Officers.
The First Officer role at ZERO-G is ideal for a pilot who wants more than the standard flight job. This unique position requires hand flying a modified Boeing 727-200 through a series of aerobatic maneuvers called parabolic arcs. These parabolic arcs lead to positive and negative G loads that the pilot must maintain for extended periods of time. The Flight Officer position requires a high level of focus, spatial awareness, physical coordination, and physical strength. They hire to the First Officer position, however, they view each applicant as a future Captain.
- FAA ATP;
- FAA Class 1 flight crew medical certificate;
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the US;
- Current ME/IR Land;
- FCC Restricted Radio Permit;
- 5000 hours of total flying experience;
- 3000 hours on turbine aircraft;
- A minimum of 100 hours of flight time in a turbine-powered aircraft with an MTOW of 80,000lbs or greater within the last 12 months;
- Extensive hand flying experience;
- Extensive aerobatic training and experience;
- A valid US passport allowing unrestricted travel;
- Must live near a major U.S. airport. Preference is given to Las Veags or Los Angeles based applicants;
- Must be able to travel freely within the United States and without restriction to all countries;
- Some countries place entry restrictions on foreign visitors. For instance, Canada prohibits entry to people who have been convicted of criminal offenses or who have criminal charges currently pending against them. Some convictions that make a person inadmissible for entry into Canada include theft, driving while intoxicated (DWI), and a number of felonies and misdemeanors. There are procedures to seek special permission or waivers from Canada to permit entry, but these are not automatic. This is not a complete list of countries with restrictions;
- Clear FBI & PRIA background/records check;
- Ability to pass additional background checks for contracts requiring special clearance;
- Ability to lift and exert up to 75lbs of force for extended periods of time;
- Exceptional spatial and situational awareness;
- Very low susceptibility to motion sickness;
- The ability to employ exceptional communication, leadership and teamwork.
- Part 121 Airline Experience;
- Jet PIC time;
- Aerobatic flight time and training.