The Base Manager in Merredin is responsible for providing local leadership to all staff, acting as a liaison between the Airport bases and ensuring conformance and compliance with regulatory and College requirements. The role works closely with the Airport Manager, the Admin Officer, the Senior LAME and the Training Managers.
This position is based in Merredin Airport.
- Must be a Grade 1 Instructor;
- A high degree of aviation knowledge and expertise;
- The position is subject to CASA approval and the successful candidate will have to meet all of the requirements to be a fit and proper person under the requirements;
- Experience in a management or senior leadership role;
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to solve problems in a collaborative, practical and time efficient manner;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan and organise your workload effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A high level of proficiency in the use of computers including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must either be an Australian citizen or have the legal right to work and live in Australia
Duties And Responsibilities:
- To regularly liaise with the GM regarding staffing and base issues;
- To provide leadership, guidance and assistance to all staff members in Merredin;
- To monitor, review, report and improve on student and instructor performance including productivity and career or training progress;
- To liaise with the Upper Management Team regarding their responsibilities in Merredin and where assistance is required;
- To attend Upper Management meetings, when available;
- To attend Safety Committee meetings, when available;
- To monitor and report on the state of facilities at Merredin;
- To promote safe practices at all times;
- To hold regular meeting with the relevant Managers in Merredin;
- To coordinate and make arrangements for local events in the Merredin community, where appropriate;
- To carry out all other reasonable duties, relevant to the position, as assigned by Management
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the selection criteria specified, please apply in writing providing a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a sign of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Aviation Jobs