This role is responsible for identifying and rectifying the challenges associated with providing flight training services at CSWAFC. This role is focused on improving flight training efficiency and ensuring production goals are met whilst carrying out best practice instructing techniques. Safety is a primary responsibility for this role.
This position is based in Merredin Airport.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Training Manager or senior leadership position within a Flight Training Centre.
- Results oriented approach with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently within a highly structured environment, both as a team member and autonomously.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Proven ability to instruct, teach and mentor.
- Proven ability to analytically solve problems, reason logically and perform under stressful situations.
- Must either be an Australian citizen or have the legal right to work and live in Australia
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Manage the flight training function over multiple locations.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school, supported by the local safety Officer.
- Ensure there is an adequate number of suitably qualified training staff available to undertake the required training task of the school.
- Oversee the dispatch and scheduling duties at Merredin.
- Responsible for production efficiency and meeting required goals related to production
- Responsible for reducing delays in training and meeting on time training requirements
- Responsible for management of FTE availability to minimize examination delay.
- Identify issues that may be affecting the delivering of flight training and work with the Chief Pilot and Chief Flying Instructor to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Report to the General Manager on any issues that require Management intervention.
- All other reasonable duties, relevant to the position, as assigned by Management.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the selection criteria specified, please apply in writing providing a cover letter and a copy of your resume.