- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL)
- 1500 hours total time (fixed-wing preferred)
- 250 hours fixed-wing pilot-in-command time (multi-engine or high performance single engine turbine PIC preferred)
- 250 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (high performance single engine multi-crew turbine can be included towards your multi-engine experience ie. PC-12)
- 250 hours multi-crew experience
- Valid Transport Canada Group 1 instrument rating
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 medical certificate
- High School diploma
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Valid passport:
- If the passport is issued by a country other than Canada the following documents are required:
- A valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- All visas necessary to operate within WestJet’s network
- Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
- As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
The following minimum time is required for all applicants to be considered for a captain position: For candidates with less than 4500 hours and the required DHC-8-400 time, half of transport category aircraft time may be credited toward the DHC-8-400 requirement. The intent is to allow experience in an operation similar to that of WestJet Encore to be used toward DHC-8-400 totals. Half of any experience on aircraft such as a DHC-8-100/300, ATR or RJ may be used.
The aircraft listed above is not a complete list. The Chief Pilot will make the final decision on whether the aircraft meets the intent.
* A minimum of 500 hours experience on aircraft such as a DHC-8-100/300, ATR or RJ required
- Scheduled airline and/or military flight experience
- Glass cockpit and/or FMS experience
- Post-secondary education
- Proficient in a second language
- Internal WestJet and/or WestJet Encore referral
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other DHC8D Non Type Rated Jobs