- Minimum 5 years of AFSOC experience required.
- Certified in the AC-130W and current in the U.S. military aircraft within the previous two years
- Formerly certified in the AC-130W within the previous four years if:
- The candidate performed eight years of military operational flying duty;
- At least two years or 200 hours experience as an inflight instructor in the AC-130W.
- Attended an Academic Instructor Course (AIC) or equivalent
- Trained, evaluated, qualified, certified, current, and documented IAW applicable AFIs