The CFI reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the management, development, and delivery of all flight training initiatives, as well as providing guidance on other flight operations to ensure a safe and secure environment for their members. At RFC the CFI will not remain behind a desk but will also be an active instructor.
The ideal candidate is an experienced instructor able to manage a team of full and part-time instructors for both flight training and ground schools. The successful candidate should be able to develop relationships in a manner that will facilitate the growth of the club.
- Class 1 or minimum Class 2 Flight Instructor
- Enthusiasm for the profession, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Working knowledge of Safety Management Systems and Quality Assurance
- Experience managing people, working with a team, and supervising and mentoring flight instructors
- Transport Canada Authorized Person Authority experience
- Multi Engine and Instrument Ratings
- Transport Canada Flight Test Examiner Authority
- Tail Wheel Experience
- Bilingualism (English & French)