- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot license or international equivalent with the appropriate endorsements required.
- Experience flying transport category aircraft in the last five years required.
- 777 type rating highly desired.