- Instruct and facilitate various pilot and other ground training courses including the Virtual Procedures Trainer (VPT). Administer practice type-rating orals for students.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining lesson plans, instructor guides, and curriculum for classroom, home based, and computer based training.
- Responsible for the administration of the computer based training to ensure the training is adequate for the type training for which they are used.
- Perform administrative duties to include but not limited to: 1) Developing, administering and grading exams; 2) producing accurate and complete rosters and training records.
- Write and proof FOM and FCOM bulletins and manual revisions and any other manuals as needed by Flight Standards and Qualifications.
- Provide support, facilitation, and instruction for ground training courses including the VPT for the other aircraft types required by HA.
- Coordinate with other company trainers on standardized information.
- Professional development and other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a background in aviation, preferably part 121 experience.
- ETOPS and International operations experience preferred.
- Boeing 717, 767, Airbus A330 knowledge and experience or type rating preferred.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Experience in curriculum design for adult learning.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and maintain a disciplined attitude toward the highest training standards and company requirements.
- Proven public speaking ability and effectiveness in conduction classroom instruction is required.
- Must be customer focused, a team player, flexible and creative thinker.
- Detail-oriented; attention to accuracy; commitment to the highest quality of presentation (verbal and written; professionalism in dress, grooming, and professional presence are all absolute requirements.
- A desire for change and a committed willingness to help people grow in their knowledge. A passion for excellence, the highest level of integrity, and company and departmental loyalty are key candidate characteristics for this position. Demonstrated computer literacy in Word and PowerPoint (Excel is a plus); with knowledge of and comfort with computer systems being required.
- Must have high school diploma or its equivalent, college degree preferred.
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Ground School Instructor Jobs