Due to an increase in demand, they are actively seeking new pilots on a casual basis (on demand). Their flying is mainly conducted on weekends, with some mid-week activities. Pilot payment is per flight, by invoice, with a minimum payment if flights are cancelled due to weather or aircraft maintenance issues. Interested pilots, if deemed suitable, would be required to undertake a period of training and supervision. There are no instructor charges during training (generally 5 hours flight time, 5 hours supervision). However the pilot, once he / she commences flying passengers, is unpaid until the pilot charge per flight (income) equals the aircraft cost accumulated during training and under supervision. Pilots are expected to be available for a minimum 4 weekend days per month and advise their availability before the beginning of each month.
All pilots are expected to present well to the public and to operate after training at times without assistance. Duties involve, but are not limited to refueling the aircraft, briefing passengers, and maintaining all required paperwork.
- CASA CPL (A)
- Minimum 200 hours PIC (Pilot in Command)
- Tail wheel endorsement
- Minimum 10 hours PIC Tail wheel time
- A basic aerobatic endorsement not below 3000 feet
- Pilots with CASA low level to minimum 1500 feet AGL and formation rating would be preferred.
- Minimum 50 hours aerobatic though these vary, based on previous history.
- Constant speed, retractable under carriage endorsements
- Yak 52 pilots are required to be members of the Australian Warbirds Association, as this aircraft is operated in the limited category.
- All pilots operate the DH82A for a period of time before conversion.
- Must either be an Australian citizen or have the legal right to work and live in Australia
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Pilot in Command Jobs