This new pilot management position has been created for the purposes of preparing the regulatory material for the necessary AOC and Part 142 changes, training and checking the initial pilot group and, subsequently, managing the operations and training of the steady state contract.
Reporting to the Head of Pilot Training, Special Mission, you will assist in adding the CL604 to Special Mission's AOC and Part 142 OC and, subsequently, be responsible for managing the initial and recurrent training and checking program for the CL604.
You will become part of an established training and checking team that has driven a high standard of proficiency among Special Mission's pilots for almost 20 years.
- Unrestricted rights to work in Australia
- Hold a current passport
- Hold a CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical
- Hold an Australian ATPL (A)
- 1000 hours pilot in command of jet aircraft
- Minimum 2 years' experience in multi crew maritime surveillance, SAR or other relevant low level operations
- Extensive background in simulator and aircraft training & checking on multi crew aircraft over 5700kg
- Proven ability to write CASA compliant manuals with a high standard of technical writing ability
- Background in standing up a new operation
- Experience in team leadership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Contemporary business management practices and principles
- Microsoft Office suite
- CASA regulations, particularly Parts 61 and 142.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- CL604 type rating
- Previous experience as Chief Pilot, Chief Flying Instructor or Head of Training & Checking
- Previous experience in aviation management is highly desirable