- This position is responsible for undertaking flying operations in support of command and corporate objectives.
- The position reports to the Training & Checking Pilot (Fixed Wing), ASB.
- Undertake, control, and coordinate flying operations as directed in compliance with the Civil Aviation Act, its Regulations and Orders
- Effectively maintain aircraft and pilot records
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of command plans, processes, systems, procedures, and manuals
- Work with the Senior Management Team in developing and implementing strategies and operations to achieve command and corporate objectives
- Assist the Senior Command Management Team in the identification and resolution of operational and management issues
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other command personnel, particularly aircrew and aircraft maintenance engineers
- Manage and/or undertake portfolios allocated by the Senior Management Team Maintain the confidentiality of protected information, technology or methodologies. Ensure policies, procedures and instructions published by the ASB are adhered to. Other duties as directed by the Commander of the Aviation Support Branch.
- In compliance with the NSW Police Force Safety Management System, ensure that work for which you are responsible is carried out in ways, which safeguard the health and safety of all workers.
- Current Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) for fixed wing aircraft with appropriate ratings and endorsements to act as pilot-in-command
- Right to work and live in Australia
- The following flying experience (or as deemed appropriate by Commander ASB):
- 1000 hours flight time in command
- 500 hours in command on turbine-powered aircraft
- Possess the following fixed wing qualifications, ratings or endorsements (or as deemed appropriate by Commander ASB):
- Night Visual Flight Rules (NVFR) rating
- Command Instrument Rating (minimum three renewals)
- Low flying endorsement
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Please note: All staff within the Special Services Group are required to sign a ‘Confidentiality Policy’ and ‘Tenure Document’ and are subject to stringent integrity and security assessment.
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Pilot in Command Jobs