The Pilot SME will be expected to:
- Interface with customers, assess needs and support and deliver on customer requirements.
- Provide both operational and technical expertise related to NextGen cockpit technologies and inflight procedures.
- Perform research and periodically report on research activities through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Support ongoing technical exchange meetings, telecons, and research activities.
- Manage day-to-day program requirements including budget, scope and schedule issues.
- Maintain technical expertise with related NextGen technologies and activities.
The preferred location for this position is Rockville, Maryland/ the Washington Metropolitan Area. However, the work may be done virtually from any location within the United States.
- Commercial/Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Qualification with active or recent flight experience.
- Significant knowledge of FAA NextGen cockpit technologies and procedures
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- 4 Yr Engineering or Technical Degree
- Oceanic flight experience (South Pacific (SOPAC), Gulf of Mexico (GOMEX), West Atlantic (WATRS), North Atlantic (NATS), and Arctic (ARTIC) airspace regions)
- Experience with Controller–Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC), Automatic Dependent Surveillance (ADS-B/C), and Cockpit Display of Traffic Information (CDTI) technologies.
- Experience in B747, A330/340 aircraft
- Previous experience contributing to FAA/NASA/DOT Volpe research projects
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Aviation Jobs