- Exploit extensive Fast Jet flying training background and Phase 3 and 4 QFI/QWI instructional expertise to assist the Courseware Team in design and development of airborne syllabi and ground-based courses for the forthcoming MFTS Basic Trainer and current RAF Fast-Jet Hawk T.2 programmes;
- Ability to provide regular liaison and a continuous conduit for source data and general information flow between 4 FTS RAF Valley and 1 FTS RAF Linton-on-Ouse and Ascent BT/AJT Courseware Designers;
- Employment of credibility, experience and associations with the RAF Team members to accomplish these requirements; and
- The Fast Jet Training Specialist will also provide and maintain a continuous conduit for source data and training information between fast jet training delivery and courseware design, as well as supporting the definition of the requirements for the of Basic Trainer aircraft, GBTE, syllabus and MFTS infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experienced ex-military pilot with recent (5 to 10 years) Fast Jet experience who seeks an exciting opportunity to shape the future of the Fast Jet flying training pipeline for the RAF and RN;
- Broad knowledge of capabilities and application of synthetic training devices;
- Articulate and able to translate aviation-specific and/or complex concepts into appropriate levels for integration into curriculum design products;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Prepared to operate on a regular basis between the two key centres: Ascent HQ (Bristol) and RAF Valley;
- Strong team player;
- Strong oral and written communicator; and
- Have the ability to build internal and external relationships;
- Recent flying training experience as a QFI or QWI in Basic Trainer (Phase3) or Hawk (Phase4) training aircraft and in depth knowledge of their systems, performance and capabilities;
- Instructional Design experience developing and conducting the Phase 3 or 4 level of aircrew training;
- Expertise in integrating relevant current frontline techniques and procedures into a modern flying training system; and
- Have a broad understanding of DSAT processes.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strong team player with excellent, demonstrable interpersonal skills, able to inspire;
- Articulate and empathetic with the mental capacity to help create new, often complex and innovative flying training solutions that represent value for money for the Ministry of Defence;
- Able to translate complex aviation concepts for Instructional and Graphic Design colleagues;
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work on multiple projects maintaining high standards in order to achieve tight deadlines; and
- This vacancy is for a full-time position though applications for flexible/part-time working may also be considered.
- Ensure that the Health, Safety & Environmental and Air Safety responsibilities, as detailed in Annex A of the Ascent Employee Handbook and the Managing Director’s Air Safety Statement, are adhered to.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
- In return, we will provide you with a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave, a Money Purchase Pension plan, access to a range of flexible benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme, and Private Medical Insurance.
Closing Date: 16th July 2014
In order to discharge Ascent’s primary UKMFTS duty to the MOD to identify and avoid or mitigate conflicts of interest in conjunction with our activities as MOD’s Training Service Partner Ascent must ensure that no employee or secondee working for Ascent is materially restricted by any conflict of interest when carrying out duties and functions on its behalf. Therefore, applicants who are currently working for or have been employed during the previous 2 years by organisations such as MOD, Babcock, Lockheed Martin or any related group entity or any organisation bidding into the UKMFTS contract should note that Ascent reserves the right to request further information in relation to your current or previous employment history and/or take other appropriate steps to ensure Ascent’s full compliance with its primary obligation. Any concerns you have should be notified in your covering letter.