The position will report to the CGI and involves the delivery of classroom training for aeroplane theory courses in accordance with the University syllabus for the Associate Degree program, and CASA Day VFR Syllabus from GFPT (BAK) to PPL, CPL and ATPL levels.
The successful applicant will have a background as a pilot or similar in aviation, preferably with experience as a theory instructor, and be willing to share their knowledge and experience with student pilots.
Teaching/training qualifications would be well regarded, and a Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment would need to be gained if not already held.
This is a ground based role, not a flying position, and a medical is not required.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Delivery of theory courses from GFPT (BAK) to ATPL subjects, and maintain course standards and proficiency for each course delivered.
- Monitor student progress and identify students who are struggling with material to assist their learning and understanding and progress.
- Maintain accurate student records, results and documentation.
- Ensure that all regulations and policies both from CASA and the organisation are followed.
- Ensure Ground School training documentation and theory documentation are current and amended appropriately.
- Update and maintain the publications, manuals and charts etc.
- Coordinate any timetable changes with appropriate personnel.
- Contribute to improvement of processes, and design of new programs, syllabi and training materials.
- High level of knowledge of aviation subjects.
- Ability to deliver training to large groups.
- Well-developed computer skills and experience with MS Office suite.
- Previous experience in delivering CASA ground theory subjects.
- A teaching or adult education qualification.
- Hold or have held a Commercial Pilot License or higher, military equivalent, or Air Traffic Control Licence.
- Experience as technical writer of manuals or course-ware.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Works effectively in a team and individually.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Takes initiative in order to meet deadlines and fix problems.
- Ability to reason logically and methodically.
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and Trust.
*The position is SSAA and a successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test, and also a Working with Children’s check as a condition of employment.
Expressions of Interest with a brief outline of experience should be sent immediately. For further information about this role or to apply, please send a detailed resume and cover letter.
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Instructor Jobs