The International Aviation Fixed Wing Instructor Pilot (IP) will provide the full gamut of academic, simulator and in-flight instruction and training to Afghanistan Air Force (AAF) student pilots and IP trainees in fixed wing aircraft and training devices. The aircraft to be used include the Basic Flight Trainer, Cessna 182, and the Advanced Trainer, Cessna 208. Candidate will be a subject matter expert for all related instruction to pre-pilot (Flight Screening) fixed training students, to fixed wing undergraduate pilot training (UPT) students, with the possibility of training AAF rated pilots to be IPs.
The selected candidate for this position will perform instruction duties outside the United States (OCONUS), in Shindand, Afghanistan and other locations to be determined.
- Current FAA Commercial or ATP Certificate with Instrument Rating or prior US military IP
- Military fixed wing flight instructor experience
- 100 hours PIC in C-182/208 or similar aircraft
- USAF/USN/USA international fixed wing flight experience within last 7 years
- Experience instructing international FW UPT students; previous USAF, USN or USA FW formal course flying instructor; USAF PIT graduate; combat or instructional experience in Afghanistan and graduate of DoD Air Advisor Course are Desired
- 1,000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC); 750 hours Instructor (military instructor time); 300 hours Single Engine are Highly Desired
- Prior U.S. military commissioned officer, warrant officer Highly Desired
- Prior management/supervisory experience working with small teams in deployed conditions Desired
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Desired
- Possess a current US passport, valid through period of employment Required
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Instructor Pilot Jobs