The Senior Captain reports to the Chief Pilot. Responsible as Captain (Pilot-In-Command - PIC) for the operation of the department Gulfstream G450 aircraft, and may fly as Captain on the Bombardier Challenger 300 aircraft. In addition to performing all the duties of Captain, they are responsible for all aspects, from planning to execution, of any international trip to which assigned. They assist in developing policies and procedures that ensure all operations are conducted with maximum safety. They assist with the training of less-experienced pilots in department policies, procedures and flight operations.
Major Duties And Responsibilites:
- Flight duty will be assigned on department Gulfstream G450 aircraft and other aircraft if needed.
- Assists the director and chief pilot in recommending and developing department policies and procedures to ensure that all flight operations are conducted with the highest levels of safety. This includes development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Requires active participation in the department safety program and involvement in obtaining the department bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard—Business Aircraft Operations).
- Requires ability to plan and execute all aspects of international flight operations.
- Train new pilots in policies, procedures, and flight operations.
- Conduct training flights, or periodic check flights of personnel to develop and maintain the highest levels of pilot proficiency within the department.
- Assist in arranging and scheduling of pilot training.
- Assists in evaluating new aircraft or equipment acquisitions.
- Fulfills a leadership role within the department, mentoring, teaching and sharing knowledge with all pilot flight crew members.
- Develop and maintain the ability to communicate effectively with passengers, corporate executives and customers and express verbal and written thoughts coherently and logically.
- Completes collateral duties as assigned by the director, or chief Pilot, or on a volunteer basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Master’s degree desirable. Educational background in an aviation related field desired.
- Must hold FAA Airline Transport Pilot - Airplane Multiengine Land Certificate (ATP). FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) certificate and Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificates desired.
- Type ratings in aircraft operated by the company are desirable.
- Position requires extensive international flight operations experience.
- Applicant must have previous flight experience in a corporate aviation department, military aviation, or the airlines.
- If internal promotion, at least three years operating company aircraft.
- Experience in flight instruction or teaching desirable.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
- 5,000 hours total flying time; 1,000 hours jet time, 500 hours as pilot in command (PIC) in jet aircraft; three years operating company aircraft, three years international operations experience as captain.
- The pilot applicant must be able to pass FAA First Class physical.
- New employee applicants must complete a pre-employment company physical examination.
- Successful completion of a check ride conducted by the company aviation department.
- Successful completion of an initial, or recurrent training course specific to company aircraft at a designated contract training facility may be required.
If you are interested in this job APPLY HERE
As a proof of your professionalism, apply only when you comply with all the requirements and if you have or can obtain a work permit that allows you to be employed in this country.
You'll also be interested in other Gulfstream G-450 Jobs