Flight Safety International is currently looking for Saab Pilot Ground/Simulator Instructor in Texas.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred, or three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
- Valid Drivers’ License, where applicable.
- To join the FlightSafety team as a pilot ground and simulator instructor you must have:
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP) if teaching on a type rating aircraft.
- A total pilot time of 2,000 hours or more is preferred.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating if teaching on an aircraft not requiring a type rating.
- A total pilot time of 1,000 hours or more is preferred.
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating or Ground Instructor Certificate (AGI) with an Instrument rating or prior experience.
- Acceptable prior experience includes military pilot instructor or pilot instructor in a Part 142, 135 or 121 operations.
- Medical Certificate is not required unless teaching in the actual aircraft.
- Currency in ratings is not required.
Note: All FlightSafety instructors will be hired to teach both ground school and simulator thus the higher qualification requirements of simulator instruction are stated. Qualifications are stated in terms of FAA ratings however equivalent ratings issued by another country’s aviation authority are accepted.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
- Must be an excellent listener and presenter in order to meet and exceed the Customer’s expectations during the training process.
- NOTE: Ability to read, write and/or speak a foreign language may be helpful in some Centers, where applicable.
- IBM PC and/or compatible computer with printer; various standard office equipment
- General knowledge of: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Database: MS Access, preferred