- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFRs), National Airlines’ approved/accepted, as applicable, manuals and the Operations Specifications.
- Must hold a Commercial Pilots Certificate with appropriate ratings.
- Must hold a Second Class Medical certificate for operations conducted under National Airlines’ Air Carrier Certificate.
- For operations conducted under 14 CFR Part 121:
- Must have logged at least 1,500 total flight hours.
- Must have logged at least 250 hours time in type for the designated aircraft. These hours may be accomplished under the authority of 14 CFR Part 125 and/or 14 CFR Part 91 as a Second in Command/First Officer, Pilot in Command, and/or Flight Engineer.
- Must meet the training, checking, currency and qualification requirements to serve as second in command, on the designated aircraft in accordance with the requirements defined in National Airlines’ approved/accepted, as applicable, manuals.
- The flight time requirements stated above may be modified by the Director of Operations at his discretion.